Pages

7/1/11

Mice & Chicken Feet

So the adventure continues...

All day today the women here at Ebenezer have been preparing a wonderful meal for tomorrow. Chicken feet. :) Needless to say, we will not be eating lunch in the dining hall tomorrow. :) They all think it's the funniest thing that we get so grossed out over these chicken feet. One of the girls actually chased Abby around with chicken feet dangling from her hands. Gross! :)

But that's not all. Our evening of sitting around the heater peacefully munching popcorn was suddenly interupted by a little guest. A mouse. :) The next hour was spent in a mad chase trying to get it out of the house. We finally succeeded only to have the persistent little guy come right back in! By this time we were all in tears, practically rolling on the floor laughing! :) Don't worry though, we finally did get him out of the house. So now we can sleep in peace! :) The best part is that we got it all on video! Can't wait to show you when we get home. It's pretty funny! :)

Hope you all are having a week-end full of adventures like us! :)

Love,

Abby & Shelly

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, I can't wait to see that video! :D I ate chicken feet before...they didn't taste terrible...the texture is what thew me off. :)

That little mouse sounds persistant, brave, and annoyingly cute. :) I'm glad that all worked out...and that you got it on video. I'm sure that you'll never tire of watching it/showing it to friends when you get home! :)

Lots of Love,
Natalie

Lexi said...

hahaha thats gross!!! chicken feet...*shivers*

thats so funny!! I hate mice, but I'm glad you all laughed about it. ;)

Ruth Hudzina said...

Where did the rest of the chicken go? That is sooo funny! I feel your pain. I felt the same way about the goat on my plate at dinner. Gross!

You apparently don't lack for humorous stories about your adventures in S. Africa. Looking forward to your mission update and video presentation. God bless you two!

Happy 4th.

christa said...

O my! Hilarious. :) I, too, cannot wait to see the video!!!!