Pages

7/13/11

A Quick Little Update...

Hi all!

Just thought we'd post a quick little update to let you all know what we're up to. Our final days are just flying by here! They are jam-packed with activity. Our mornings are spent with the preschool kids, singing songs, telling Bible stories, and doing crafts, games and puzzles. Right now they are apparently replacing the roof on the preschool building because there were so many leaks and stuff, so we are unable to use those facilities in the morning with the kids. So we have all been in the dinning hall which has been interesting. The first morning was a total disaster, but thankfully this morning was a lot less chaotic, so that's good!

In the afternoons we spend some time with the elderly, reading to them, rubbing lotion on their hands and just visiting with them. Shirley has also been taking all the young boys out to the soccer field for 2 hours in the afternoon and playing with them. They all love it! :)

Then in the evening we have our Bible Study with the youth using the book "What the Bible Says About Sex". So far that has gone very well! The youth have all been very open and receptive, which is a praise!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers as our time here winds down and we prepare to go home. Goodbyes are going to be difficult for sure! But we are both very excited to come home too!

Love and miss you all!

Abby & Shelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - it's COLD THERE?? I had not expected to see the scarves and hats. Please be encouraged and we pray that like in Daniel 10 the interfering spirits will be vanquished. We pray for the angels sent by God to fight them off in the spiritual realm and to give peace and concentraion to worship and prayer time - to absorb His word - to plant and grow the seeds in those whom He is calling. Recall that Paul rebuked the evil spirits in the girl that was following them - and so if the Lord calls you to be bold in rebuking them - be bold, but do as the Lord leads & not as I suggest. So I pray for your boldness when the Lord calls you to have it, I pray for you to feel encouraged and never discouraged through the trials nd spiritual battles. I pray that He will be a presence stronger in your midst than the presence of evil. I pray you will return home safely and rest and prepare for your next mission of His calling. - Amen
I also hope to remember to send you with cheese the next time you go - so you will have something to feed you friend - Mr. Bold Mouse :-)
Hugs, love and encouragement.
Leanne

Natalie Swansen :) said...

Praying for you! I'm headed out in about 45 minutes for the Philly airport. I'll be praying for you guys...please be praying for me, too. What a wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord where He calls you! The outcome of your trip has been so amazing from what I've read, and I'm praying that God will set us up for something very similar in China.

LOVE you both, and I'm praying for you!
Natalie Swansen
Romans 8:31 "If our God is for us, who can be against us?"

Ruth Hudzina said...

I have been wondering where you have been. I keep looking for more updates. I guess the next news you give us will most likely be in person. God bless you and have a safe trip home. I am looking forward to all the news you will have to share.

Love you.

Ruth Hudzina